Few things inspire travel like a good movie and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is no exception. Drawing on themes and locations from this famous British movie, we have put together a trip to India designed to give you the best of the world Judi Dench and her fellow actors enjoyed, while showing you some colourful rural villages and the wonderful sites of the Golden Triangle.
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is in fact Ravla Khempur, an old favourite of Wild Frontiers and a palace at which you will enjoy two nights. This charming rural hotel, with a history dating from the early 17th Century, was once famed for its stud of fine Marwari horses and is still home to dancing stallions which perform, when requested, in front of the magnificent turreted building. An equine theme runs through each of the hotel’s 12 en suite bedrooms, while a number of quiet nooks and crannies, including a delightful rooftop terrace, are dotted about the rest of the hotel. The village outside is quiet and picturesque.
This is India at its most enticing. Add to that Delhi, the Taj Mahal, Jaipur and her bustling bazaars, and the stunning lake city of Udaipur, and you have the makings of perfect ‘first timers’ trip to India.
- Early morning at the iconic Taj Mahal
- The historic old quarter of Jaipur, the Amber Fort and the Royal Observatory
- A night at Castle Kanota: the venue of the Viceroy Club in the film
- The Real Exotic Marigold hotel aka Ravla Khempur
- The ‘white city’ of Udaipur – ‘The Venice of the East’
- Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
- All transport (typically coaster minibuses)
- 10 nights’ accommodation (2 nights in 5* hotels in Delhi & Agra, 8 nights in heritage hotels including 2 nights at Ravla Khempur aka The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel)
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)